- The stimulus aspect of our being is temporary; the silence we can get access to is an eternal aspect of our being.
- We can slip in and out of eternity with our awareness.
- We function without thinking or any awareness at all. Our brain is just allowing us to experience life.
- Reality is movement of Awareness between dense stimulus (physical), subtle stimulus (thoughts, emotions) and no stimulus (silence, soul, spirit, Source)
- Nothing originates in or from our mind and body.It is all being projected out from the silence underlying all experience.
- We can change the stimulus we wish to experience by shifting our awareness far more efficiently (seemingly miraculously) than trying to physically or mentally change what has already been projected.
Ironically, the mind’s second function, protecting us, becomes a hazard blinding us to True security, the infinite Source of Power and potential.
When babies are born, we must train them to shift their awareness away from the silence and begin processing the stimulus. After years of relentless directions to pay attention, focus, and listen, we become conditioned and eventually addicted to stimulus. As if we are under hypnosis, we become programmable and don’t even challenge our assumptions. We forget the silence that was once our home. We can’t see, hear or feel that it is always right here with us. We are left with a hole that never seems fulfilled. Something is missing, but we don’t know where to find it. It can feel like homesickness.
We will lack peace of mind and feel incomplete as long as we remain unaware of our imprisonment in the stimulus believing that it (either the problem or the solution) is coming from “out there” and separate from us. Conversely, the stress or dis-ease of overstimulus, and the failure of ‘the world’ to quell our angst can cause us to question our thinking and surrender in humility. The release literally re-opens the path to the silent Awareness we knew as babies. Letting go of the known creates access to that ‘peace that passes understanding’ with the rational mind because this silent, eternal Source of temporary temporal reality can only be known through direct experience. Most people believe they must die to get access to it because they can’t stop thinking long enough to move their awareness beyond the known… except by chance, as when we drive long enough to unintentionally slip into the zone, which is at once misunderstood and feared.